Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Walks on the Beach


I peaked out my window this morning and was greeted by a gray, rainy sky, as flakes of white snow danced with plump rain drops.

I miss South Carolina. I miss sunrise runs along the beach, sandy afternoon games of beach bocce ball, and being gently lulled to sleep by the softly crashing waves outside my window.  I miss the sunshine, the peach iced tea, the lazy afternoons, the big glasses of wine.

I want to go back to the slower pace, sand between my toes, no winter jacket required kind of life.

2 comments:

  1. Is it the holiday blues?? The weather doen't help does it. In the UK, the weather is starting to pick up but I too wish I was lounging about in Kiawah Island right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shewhisks: it is most definitely the holiday blues! That sunny, warm weather had me all set for summer desserts – only to return to a snowy NYC where only potatoes and onions are growing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs