Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Perfecly Sweet Berry Bowl

Over the Fourth of July weekend, Mike's lovely stepmother and I returned from the local farmer's market with armloads of fresh corn, peaches and berries.

As we scurried around the kitchen, trying to find a proper place for everything, she retrieved a beautiful, whimiscal little bowl, just perfect for the pint of blueberries, freshly plucked from their bushes.


I let out a quite audible gasp.

She either did not hear me or, more likely, dismissed my noises as another one of my quirks.  It could, afterall, been directed towards just about anything - the discovery of a perfectly plump peach or juicy blueberry, for example.

Just as when everyone politely smiled and shook their heads when I pulled monster cookies, homemade marshmallows, spicy cocktail nuts, good quality chocolate and a 9" springform pan from my luggage earlier that weekend - my tendancies are quite happily accepted by Mike's family at this point.

Either way, this did not discourage me from falling absolutely in love with this little dish.


So when I returned to my little piece of Manhattan, I was determined to locate this piece to add to my collection.  A mere five minutes later, the piece had been located and ordered.

It now sits quite happily it my kitchen cupboard, eager to hold my treasures from this weekend's farmer's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs