Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ice Storm

I do not like getting-up early to run; especially since this means running on a treadmill. I'm still too much of a wimp to run outside in the dark.

But, I didn't really have an option today - doctor's appointment during lunch and finalizing paperwork at ICE after work. If it wasn't for the race on Saturday morning, my alarm would not have played that awful sound until 6 AM and I would have hit the gym after work. But at 5 AM I was sleepily headed to the gym - and to the dreaded treadmill.

My plan had been to run anywhere between 3 and 5 miles, hopefully closer to the later. But somehow my quads felt like cement - I'm assuming thanks to that new core work out I tried last night. My body is also trying to fight off whatever Mike has been sick with lately; my throat feels like sandpaper. I struggled to finish 3 miles. When I run outside, I can almost always talk myself through a difficult run. But the treadmill is a whole different demon; especially this early in the morning. My split times weren't awful, 8 min 34 sec per mile, but I felt exhausted. Good thing it was only 5:45 AM.

When I got back to the apartment, I took the extra time I had left to do some yoga, in hopes of convincing my legs to run better the rest of the week. They are still stiff.

After the high of yesterday, being accepted to the pastry program, I absolutely couldn't wait until tonight to finalize everything and get fitted. But, because there is an ice storm coming through NYC later this afternoon, my admissions officer had to postpone until tomorrow. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs